Saturday, June 30, 2012

Rainbow Popsicles


My kids and I were so excited when we found this recipe on-line, and we cannot wait to make them!

The recipe itself calls for pouring the first color juice into a dixie cup, letting it freeze/set for thirty minutes, then following up with the second color juice, repeating for each layer.  Looking at that picture makes me totally want to do some experiments with the kids on liquid density.  I wonder if adding simple syrup to juice would make it more dense, which would make it sink to the bottom.  Hmmm....I'll have to try it a little bit on my own first to see if adding anything to juice would increase its density.  If it does, I'll propose the experiment with the kids and see what hypotheses they come up with. 

It's never too early to teach the scientific method!

Thank you, Babble, for this recipe!





No comments:

Post a Comment